REMINDER of METAL HALLMARKS and TREATMENTS
Precious metal and hallmarks
- 925/1000 or Sterling Silver
Silver with a 92.50% silver content.
- Rhodium-plated sterling silver
A fine layer of rhodium is added that protects sterling silver from chemical agents that, when in contact with air or skin might tarnish or blacken the silver.
- Platinum-plated sterling silver
A fine layer of platinum is added that protects sterling silver from chemical agents that, when in contact with air or skin might tarnish or blacken the silver.
- “Agere” gold-coloured sterling silver
Fine-gold coating with international patented ‘Agere’ treatment that bonds the silver and gold molecules.The patented “Agere” process protects precious and non-precious metals from oxidising agents and UV radiation, salinity, moisture and sweat.
Application of a minimum 3-micron layer of gold on a brass base.
- 9ct (375/000) Gold
Made of 37.5% pure gold and 62.5% of other metals such as zinc, copper and silver.
- 18ct (750/000) Gold
Made of 75% pure gold and 25 % of silver and copper.
- Majorica pearls are imitation pearls made of glass covered in powdered seashells.
- Tahitian pearls are produced by the black lip oyster (Pinctada Margaritifera) and cultivated exclusively around the islands of French Polynesia.
- Freshwater pearls are cultured pearls produced by a mollusc bred in lakes and rivers.
IMPORTANT RECOMMENDATIONS: jewellery, in general, should be treated with care.
Please remind your clients that items of silver, gold-coloured silver or gold-plated jewellery or set with synthetic pearls or Majorica pearls should not be worn when:
- bathing in the sea (with the exception of Tahitian pearls, but beware of the type of setting they are on),
- at thermal baths,
- in the swimming pool.
They should also avoid contact with:
- perfume and cosmetics,
- a humid environment,
- unsuitable chemical products.
Browse our range of jewellery